Monday, March 3, 2014

Much Needed Lifestyle Change.....My Body Was Screaming at Me.

Hey it's me Heather Marie,
       
               I wanted to write to share some things that are going on in my life and some very big decisions I've had to make. So, let's start from the beginning. Ever since I could remember I've had stomach problems, Later came to find out I had IBS, irritable bowel syndrome, which is not fun at all. I struggled with it my whole life and the questions that come with it. what can I eat? when can I eat? Is this going to upset my stomach? I've tried a ton of different diets by cutting certain foods out and blah blah blah. Nothing seemed to help. Recently I decided to go back to the doctor because I was just sick all the time and the acne on my face was getting worse and worse and nothing I was doing was helping the situation. Well after much trial and error, I discovered I was lactose and glutton intolerant.....I was kind of relieved. Now that I know what I can't eat I can start to eat the right things and maybe that will help. Well it didn't help I was still sick and I was tired all the time. I had no energy and my skin wasn't clearing up and my stomach problems weren't getting better.
              I started doing a lot of research because I didn't need a quick fix diet I needed a lifestyle change. I quickly remembered seeing a woman in the press about eating 20 banana's a day sometimes, I went searching for that article again because I remember her being really fit and healthy. When I found the article she use to have bad acne and struggled with the things I was struggling with along with a bunch of other health problems. So of course my next question was, "so what changed?". Turns out she's started eating a raw vegan diet. Now of course when I first heard this I was like great, "I'm just gonna be able to eat leaf's and nuts" but after doing more and more research the lifestyle actually started to sound appealing. After all, what did I have to lose I would try anything to get better.
              So basically it's not just a raw vegan diet it's a high carb, low fat raw vegan diet. I found Freelee the banana girl ( http://thebananagirl.com/ ) I started to watch her videos and hear a lot of people's stories of their life changing after starting this lifestyle. I was convinced, this is what I need to do but I was still confused on what exactly I'd eat. So basically I will eat around 3,000 calories a day, 95% of that coming from fruit the rest from greens and root veggies. I'll get to eat as much yummy juicey fruit as my heart desires. I know that sounds crazy but after hearing people living this lifestyle for 5+ years and still feeling amazing and having a ton of energy and even in some cases being healed of IBS and eating disorders.
                These people are lean mean fighting machines. Of course I won't change over night, It took years of abusing my body to get where I am now so it's going to take time for my body to adjust and get back to running the way it's suppose to. I realized why I've been so sick, it's because I've been filling my body with crap for so many years. My body has finally reached it's breaking point, and it's screaming at me to change. So I've decided to change. It's going to take a little getting use to, but I'm tired of feeling like crap and not having enough energy to even get out of the bed in the morning.  I need to start filling my body with good things instead of bad things. If you feel your body with crap you will feel like crap.
                  I hope to share each stage of my journey with my friends and family and I'm also looking for support. You may think I'm crazy and if you do keep it to yourself. So as Freelee says, "go fruit yourself" cause that's what I'll be doing!

-Heather Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment